Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 14

Hello everybody!

Yesterday in New England, we all went outside and shoveled our little hearts out trying to dig our cars out. Today, we all sit inside waiting for our next dose of ibuprofen. Those snow banks are so high, we can't even see the cars on the road from our front windows. This snow is getting ridiculous.

Anyway, enough of my rant on the weather! At least the shoveling is making me get up and moving and breathing. It has boosted my metabolic rate, and hopefully I've worked off some of my chub. I'm extraordinarily excited about weighing myself tomorrow night! I hope I made my goal of losing three pounds in two weeks!

I work a a grocery store in town, paying my way through college so hopefully that grocery store doesn't turn into my only place of employment. I was checking people out of my line, and looking for a piece of fruit or a veggie that weighed three pounds. I wanted to feel how heavy that really was. Well, then a papaya came through my line, and that did it. A small papaya is about three pounds. If I had to carry that papaya through the store, my arm would start to hurt. It's incredible how much weight we carry around with us every day.

I heard about the weight loss show that did something similar to the papaya. Once the contestants lost about 25 pounds, they were asked to go to the grocery store and pick up a frozen turkey that weighed 25 pounds and carry that around with them while they shopped. That's what they had to carry on themselves everywhere they went in life. It was eye opening for them, much like the papaya was for me.

Anyway, I'm finishing up a banana over here, and I have to finish some homework before going back to that grocery store, so this post will be short and sweet.

Have a great day everyone, and thank you for listening!
Figgy Newton

1 comment:

  1. Snow!!! You'll have to come down here to FL! no snow yet :)

    Yes, you really feel how much you've lost when you go pick up something 15, 20 or more lbs! And think, wow...I lost that! I think maybe I'll come up with an object or something to find/buy for the 25, 50lbs and up... sort of as an award --but mostly as a reminder that I was able to do it!! :)

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete