Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 18

Good morning, friends!

Wow, I'm still in awe at the amount of snow falling from the sky. This is unbelievable. Almost as unbelievable as me being able to stick to this plan! I've never been able to follow any sort of diet, but this one is different. I feel like my followers would be let down if I didn't lose weight! That's why I'm continuing without the sweets, without the junk food, and without the soda. I'm being a good eater.

My fiance wanted me to tell you all that I baked a fantastic batch of M&M cookies for our Robotics Team at Leominster High School. My fiance and I go up there to work with the kids and help them design this robot to perform a task, and then take that robot and compete with other teams from around the world. It's a great opportunity, and it's taught me a lot, too! I was able to work one of the machines with my fiance and cut pieces of aluminum for the robot! I felt so accomplished. It almost felt as good as losing 2.2 pounds in 2 weeks!

This is one of those experiences, just like the healthier eating habits, that take me outside of my little cardboard box and out into the big, sunny world. Granted, at the moment, it's simply the great big snowy tundra, but let's not talk about that. I'm picturing Bermuda, and lovin' it.

Well, I am currently eating my trail mix, after having a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and two clementines, and working up the motivation to read a 30 page chapter in my Pharmacology book. Oh yes.

Stay safe and warm today, and thanks for listening, as always!
Figgy Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment