Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 27

Hello everyone!

Today is a very special day. My fiance is no longer a teenager! He is now 20 years old! What an old man!

Last night I made him a chocolate cake from scratch and made homemade peanut butter frosting to go on top of it. We also broke up Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and put them in between the two layers of cake. It was fantastic! I also wrote Happy Birthday and the top and decorated the sides. I love decorating cakes, but I don't like the pounds I put on when I eat them!

So, I indulged. It's okay. It happens. I did yoga and strength training, as well as aerobics and balance games, on the Wii Fit yesterday, so that somewhat makes up for the cake. I can really feel the stretch today, let me tell you! Oh my goodness! I will definitely get off of my butt a little more often to do yoga. It's really nice and relaxing, but still stretches and works your muscles. Plus, I don't think I would ever do the Downward Facing Dog on a regular basis. Those muscles NEVER get stretched!

Thanks so much for listening! Make sure you get all of your fruits and veggies today!
Figgy Newton

2 comments:

  1. You both are just babies! I can hardly remember 20! LOL

    I believe you can treat yourself and have fun during your journey from time-to-time! Just enjoy it, then get back on plan. Its those "Darnit! I shouldn't have!" thoughts that cause the issues :O)

    Keep up the great job! Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Wendy! The problem with making birthday cakes is that they stare you in the face for about a week afterwards. I always want to have a slice! It's so sad.

    ReplyDelete